Home Insurance In Pennsylvania
Home Insurance Coverage in Pennsylvania
Your home insurance policy can cover different things in the state. Be sure to work with an agent at Milestone Insurance Agency, Inc. to get the coverage you need.
- Personal Liability: This coverage portion will help you with a legal defense against some liability claims. The coverage also helps pay for damages that you are liable for causing. For example, if your dog bites someone or someone is injured on your property, then personal liability insurance helps with these costs.
- Dwelling Coverage: This portion helps protect your home and the structures that are attached to it. Covered property includes your siding, roof, flooring, heating, and air conditioning. It’s important to choose the right amount to make sure you have enough coverage to pay for the cost to rebuild your home in the event it’s considered a total loss.
- Personal Property: This coverage protects your belongings, such as appliances, clothing, and furniture. You also want to make sure you have enough coverage. Doing a home inventory can help you determine how much coverage you need. Don’t forget about adding extra coverage for expensive valuables, such as jewelry.
- Other Structures Coverage: This will protect other structures on your property, such as gazebos, detached garages, or swimming pools.
- Medical Payments: If someone gets injured at your property, this can help cover costs associated with the injury. The costs will be covered up to your limit, whether you are actually legally responsible or not.
- Loss of Use Coverage: If your home is unlivable because of a covered peril, this coverage will pay for some extra home expenses, such as a hotel stay.
What You Should Know about Home Insurance in Pennsylvania
Home insurance is not required by the state, but you may be required to have it if you are still paying off your home with a mortgage. It’s important to note that some kinds of damage will be covered but some won’t. For example, wind damage is usually covered but not damage by flooding.
Contact Milestone Insurance Agency, Inc. to get a quote on home insurance.